SIR Manual - Registry Interconnection System
The purpose of the system for exchanging records with non-Catalan public administrations (SIR) is to register telematic communications that have their origin or destination in non-Catalan public administrations. Through this service you can send and accept or reject records received from other public administrations outside Catalonia.
To be able to access this service, it is not necessary for the Catalan public administrations to carry out any registration procedure , you only need to be a member of EACAT and have been notified by the AOC Consortium that the service has already been activated. The activation depends on the Ministry of Finance and Public Administrations and is done in stages; Once it becomes effective, the AOC Consortium will communicate it to the bodies through EACAT and they will be able to use the service.
The requirements for accessing this service are:
- Have permissions for the EACAT Records Interconnection System service (you can check it from EACAT> Settings> My Space. If you do not have one, your EACAT user manager can assign them to us.
- Have an office integrated in SIR. If you do not know if yours has an office in SIR, you can consult the list of offices integrated in SIR . From the AOC Consortium we are registering in a staggered way to SIR the entities that are members of EACAT, but if we have not yet registered your entity and you are interested in having the service, all you have to do is contact our CAU and we will include the organism in the next tongada that we give of discharge. In the event that the body is a Generalitat Public Sector body, contact the Department of the Presidency in order to manage the registration of the new office.
In order to access the service , you must:
- Access the EACAT platform, identifying yourself with the NIF and password or with a digital certificate (for example the T-CAT or T-CAT P) at eacat.cat .
- Access the APPLICATIONS section of the top menu.
- Access the SIR application - Registry Exchange System
To send to any entity outside Catalonia, click on "New registration"
Indicate which destination registration office you want to go to (you have predictive text in the drop-down, and a search engine to filter offices by name, province, autonomous community, and administrative level):
IMPORTANT: Only those offices that are integrated in SIR for Reception appear in the search engine. If the destination office only has the "Issuance" mode operational from the SIR, it is not possible to send them any documentation and you will need to contact the destination body to find out how to send them the documentation.
Choose Inter-administrative or Face-to-face as the type of settlement, depending on the origin of the shipment.
- 4.1 Sending documentation between administrations
In the case of sending documents between administrations, the Interadministrative field must be selected, which is mandatory.
In order to make it easier to manage the documentation that is being sent, the following fields should be reported:
- External reference: any reference that the destination body needs to know and is known to the applicant (for example, vehicle registration number, receipt number for which a certain amount is claimed, etc.)
- File number: File number to which the documentation / subject in question belongs. Attempts should be made to allow this code to be reported so that automated management of the destination settlement is possible.
- Subject code according to destination : coding of the subject in the destination, if the request includes this data. Attempts should be made to allow this code to be reported in order to enable automated management of the destination settlement.
Regarding the documentation that is being sent, it is necessary to fill in the complementary information field; whose drop-down provides different options:
- Documentation attached digitized , it is indicative that paper documentation of any kind is NOT sent to the destination register and, therefore, this can be processed electronically with the data and annexes sent. This value must be marked when the documentation has been fully scanned.
- Documentation attached in PAPER support (or other supports) , it is indicative that the necessary documentation is sent to the destination register for paper processing. This value must be marked when the documentation cannot be scanned for technical, legal or functional reasons.
- Documentation attached digitized and in addition on paper , it is indicative that paper documentation is sent to the destination register, which is not necessary for processing, and which has been digitized with full validity. This documentation is sent only for reasons of competence and paper custody by the destination body. This value must be marked when the documentation has been fully scanned, but does not apply to the citizen and must be sent to the destination body.
In general, please note that all entries submitted must be accompanied by digitized documentation, except in cases where this is not possible, such as:
- If it is a sealed envelope with an offer.
- If it is a non-A4 format, how can it be a rolled plan.
- If the documentation is bound, such as a book
- If the documentation has been submitted to a storage device, such as a CD or external memory.
- If the volume of the document does not allow it, remember that the entries only support a maximum volume of 15Mb attached. In these cases the settlement is made and the attached documentation is sent later by post. Once this documentation is received, the recipient will confirm the settlement. It is recommended to send, together with the attached paper documentation, the receipt of the settlement where the registration number will be indicated, so that it can be easily identified to which settlement the documentation received corresponds.
Remember that if not all attachments can be scanned, then everything is sent on paper.
Shipments are always made to the Office of the destination unit (not to the Unit, even if it is physically closer to my body); if not, the office will not know that paperwork has arrived and will not be able to confirm the settlement.
In case of not finding the recipient entity to which you want to make a shipment, do so to the body on which it depends hierarchically (eg if you do not find a General Directorate of the Community of Madrid, make the shipment to the Ministry corresponding).
- 4.2 Sending documentation through the One-Stop Shop channel
In the case of documentation that has been sent to us in person, you must select the One -Stop Shop field, which is mandatory.
The registration date and registration number must be reported in the Registration Date and Registration Number fields. In this case, a new exit registration will no longer be made, but the information will be taken into account.
The following optional information must be completed because it will facilitate the management of the documentation being sent.
You must also fill in the fields related to transport, which are as follows:
- Type of entry transport : means by which the documentation will reach the destination.
- Incoming transport number : Identification of the shipment assigned by the carrier to the documentation.
The data of the interested party must be filled in; which can be one or more (in case of more than one interested, on the right we find the + to add as many as needed).
If the interested party wishes to appoint a representative, fill in the details corresponding to the representative and indicate that it is a representative by ticking the appropriate box.
It is necessary to inform the field of Complementary information , with the following information:
- Documentation attached digitized , indicates that paper documentation of any kind is NOT sent to the destination register and, therefore, the destination register may be processed electronically with your data and annexes sent. This value must be marked when the documentation has been fully scanned.
- Documentation attached in PAPER support (or other supports) , is indicative that it is sent to the destination register, necessary documentation for paper processing. This value must be marked when the documentation cannot be scanned for technical, legal or functional reasons.
- Documentation attached digitized and additionally on paper , it is indicative that paper documentation is sent to the destination register which is not necessary for processing and which has been digitized with full validity. This documentation is sent only for reasons of competence and paper custody by the destination body. This value must be marked when the documentation has been fully scanned, but does not apply to the citizen and must be sent to the destination body.
- 5.1 How to access the shipments received?
To see the submissions that have been made to us, we access the application and by default we are already shown the procedures received, in the various states in which it may be (Pending confirmation, Accepted, Rejected or Forwarded).
In this list of submissions, next to the Status column, we will find an icon indicating the type of documentation associated with the registry exchange:
This information has a meaning depending on the icon:
5.2 What can we do with these received shipments?
To facilitate the search for settlements, we can use the settlement filter, by unit of origin, interested party, date of registration, type of settlement, among others.
You must enter this tray daily to see if ours has requests pending . When we access any of the shipments in Pending state, by clicking on the shipment in question, the various options that the connection protocol with this system offers us are the following:
- Confirm registration : If the entry is accepted , an entry entry is made in the registration of the destination entity and the corresponding acceptance message with the entry registration number of the destination entity to the 'we originate. We need to make sure that we are the target entity before making the acceptance. To accept a submission just click on the OK button
- Reject registration : If the entry is rejected, the registration of the destination entity is NOT entered, and the status of this entry / document - as rejected - is sent to the source entity, for to carry out the management with the corresponding interested party. A reason for rejection must be indicated (in Spanish). We can only reject submissions for the following reasons:
- Make it unreadable.
- That mine is not the recipient and the correct destination is not registered with the SIR.
- That we have no knowledge of who the target body should be.
To reject a submission just click on the Reject button and add a reason for rejection.
- Forward registration: This is the option we must use as long as the shipment is not by our entity. If the settlement is forwarded, the registration of the destination entity is NOT entered, and the shipment is sent to a new destination entity, which must be registered with the SIR in order to be a recipient. The originating entity must be informed that it has been forwarded to another entity. També, s'ha d'indicar un motiu de reenviament (en castellà quan ho reenviem a una administració no catalana). This is the option we must use as long as the shipment is not for our body.
To resend a submission just click on the Resend Registration button:
- When a shipment status changes, it takes us back to the shipment list, with the updated shipment status changed.