Manual SIR - Interconnection System of Records
The system for the exchange of records with non-Catalan public administrations (SIR) aims to register telematic communications originating or destined for non-Catalan public administrations. Through this service you can send and accept or reject records received from other public administrations outside Catalonia.
To be able to access this service, the Catalan public administrations do not need to go through any registration process , you just need to be a member of EACAT and have been notified by the AOC Consortium that the service has already been activated. The activation depends on the Ministry of Finance and Public Administrations and is done in stages; once it becomes effective, the AOC Consortium will communicate it to the entities through EACAT and they will be able to use the service.
The necessary requirements to be able to access this service are:
- Have permissions for the Sistema de Interconexión de Registros service in EACAT (you can check this from EACAT > Configuration > My space. If you do not have them, your EACAT user manager can assign them to us.
- Have an integrated office in SIR. If you don't know if yours has an office in SIR, you can consult the list of offices integrated in SIR . From the AOC Consortium we are gradually registering the entities that have joined EACAT to SIR, but if we have not yet registered your entity and you are interested in having the service, just contact our CAU and we will include the organism in the next turn that we give discharge. If the agency is a Public Sector body of the Generalitat, contact the Department of the Presidency in order to manage the registration of the new office.
- IMPORTANT : Entities that do not fall within the scope of Law 39/2015, current regulations on registration, cannot be users of SIR. If the entity that wants to use SIR does not fit the subjective scope of service provision and needs to send documentation to administrations outside Catalonia, it will have to do so, or through the Single Electronic Register https:// rec.redsara.es/ or through another Registry office (the town hall you depend on, for example).
To be able to access the service you must:
- Access the EACAT platform, identifying us with the NIF and password or with a digital certificate (for example the T-CAT or T-CAT P) at eacat.cat .
- Access the APPLICATIONS section of the top menu.
- Access the SIR - Registry Exchange System application
To make a shipment to any entity outside Catalonia, click on "New registration"
Indicate which is the destination registration office to which you want to go (predictive text is available in the dropdown, and a search engine to filter offices by name, province, autonomous community and administrative level):
IMPORTANT: Only those offices that are integrated in SIR for Reception appear in the search engine. If the destination office only operates the "Issue" modality from the SIR, it is not possible to send them any documentation and you will need to contact the destination entity to find out how to address the documentation to them.
Choose Inter-administrative or Face-to-face as the settlement type, depending on the origin of the remittance.
- 4.1 Sending documentation between administrations
If it is a document being sent between administrations, you must select the Interadministrativo field, which is mandatory.
In order to more easily manage the documentation being sent, the following fields must be reported:
- External reference: any reference that the destination body needs to know and is known by the applicant (for example, vehicle registration number, receipt number from which a certain amount is claimed, etc.)
- File number: File number to which the documentation/matter being dealt with belongs. An attempt should be made for requests to allow this code to be reported so that automated handling of settlement at destination is possible.
- Código de asunto según destino : codification of the subject in the destination, if the request includes this data. Requests should attempt to report this code to enable automated handling of settlement at destination.
Regarding the documentation that is being sent, it is necessary to fill in the complementary information field; whose dropdown provides different options:
- Documentación adjunta digitalizada , it is indicative that paper documentation of any kind is NOT sent to the destination register and, therefore, this can be processed electronically with the data and annexes sent. This value must be checked when the documentation has been fully scanned.
- Documentación adjunta en soporte PAPER (u otros soportes) , it is indicative that the necessary documentation for processing on paper is sent to the destination register. This value must be marked when the documentation cannot be scanned for technical, legal or functional reasons.
- Documentación adjunta digitalizada y complementariamente en papel , it is indicative that paper documentation is sent to the register of destination, which is not necessary for processing, and which has been able to be digitized with full validity. This documentation is sent solely for reasons of competence and custody of the paper by the destination body. This value must be marked when the documentation has been fully scanned, but does not apply to the return to the citizen and must be sent to the destination body.
In general, it should be borne in mind that all the settlements that are sent must have the attached digitized documentation, with the exception of cases in which this is not possible, such as for example:
- If it is a sealed envelope with an offer.
- If it is a non-A4 format, how can it be a rolled sheet.
- If the documentation is bound, such as a book
- If the documentation has been submitted on a storage device, such as a CD or external memory.
- If the volume of the document does not allow it, remember that settlements only support a maximum attachment volume of 15Mb. In these cases, the settlement is made and the attached documentation is subsequently sent by post. Once received this documentation is when the receiver will confirm the settlement. It is recommended to send, together with the attached documentation on paper, the proof of settlement where the registration number will be indicated, and in this way it will be easy to identify which settlement the received documentation corresponds to.
Please remember that if all attachments cannot be digitized, then everything is sent on paper.
Shipments are always made to the Office of the destination unit (not to the Unit, even if it is physically closer to my institution); if this is not the case, the office will not know that paper documentation has arrived and will not be able to confirm the settlement.
If you cannot find the recipient body to which you want to make a shipment, do it to the body to which it depends hierarchically (eg if you cannot find a Directorate General of the Community of Madrid, make the shipment to the ministry corresponding).
- 4.2 Sending documentation through the Single Window channel
In the case of documentation that has reached us in person, you must select the Single Window field, which is mandatory.
The registration date and registration number must be reported in the Registration Date and Registration Number fields. In this case, a new check-out is no longer made, but the information provided will be taken into account.
The optional information below must be filled in because it will facilitate the management of the documentation being submitted.
You must also fill in the fields related to transport, which are as follows:
- Type of incoming transport : means by which the documentation will arrive at the destination body.
- Inbound transport number : Identification of the shipment assigned to it by the carrier in the documentation.
It is necessary to fill in the data of the interested party; which can be one or more than one (in case of more than one interested party, on the right side we find the + to add as many as needed).
If the interested party wants to appoint a representative, fill in the data corresponding to the representative and indicate that it is a representative by checking the corresponding box.
It is necessary to inform the Complementary Information field, with the following information:
- Documentación adjunta digitalizada , indicates that paper documentation of any kind is NOT sent to the destination registry and, therefore, the destination registry will be able to process electronically with its data and its sent annexes. This value must be checked when the documentation has been fully scanned.
- Attached documentation in PAPER (or other supports) , it is indicative that it is sent to the destination register, documentation necessary for processing on paper. This value must be marked when the documentation cannot be scanned for technical, legal or functional reasons.
- Documentación adjunta digitalizada y complementarimente en papel , it is indicative that paper documentation is sent to the register of destination that is not necessary for processing and that has been able to be digitized with full validity. This documentation is sent solely for reasons of competence and custody of the paper by the destination body. This value must be marked when the documentation has been fully scanned, but does not apply to the return to the citizen and must be sent to the destination body.
- 5.1 How to access the remittances received?
To see the shipments that have been made to us, we access the application and by default we are already shown the procedures received, in the various states in which it can be (Pending confirmation, Accepted, Rejected or Forwarded).
In this list of consignments, next to the Status column, we will find an icon indicating the type of documentation associated with the registry exchange:
This information has meaning depending on the icon:
5.2 What can we do with these messages received?
To make it easier for us to search for settlements, we can use the settlements filter, by unit of origin, interested party, date of registration, type of settlement, among others.
It is necessary to enter this tray daily to check if our request is pending . When we access any of the transmissions in Pending status, by clicking on the transmission in question, the various options that the connection protocol with this system offers us are the following:
- Confirm registration : If the entry is accepted , an entry entry is made in the register of the destination entity and the corresponding acceptance message with the entry registration number of the destination entity is sent to the our origin You must be sure that we are the recipient before making the acceptance. To accept a transmission, just click on the Accept button
- Reject registration : If the settlement is rejected, an entry is NOT made in the register of the destination entity, and the status of this settlement/document is sent - as rejected - to the source entity, for that does the management with the corresponding interested party. You must indicate a reason for rejection (in Spanish). We can only reject submissions for the following reasons:
- Make it illegible.
- That my entity is not the recipient and the correct destination entity is not registered with the SIR.
- That we do not have knowledge of who should be the entity of destination.
To reject a submission, just click on the Reject button and add a reason for rejection.
- Re-send registration: This is the option we must use whenever the shipment is not by us. If the settlement is forwarded, an entry is NOT made in the register of the destination entity, and the shipment is sent to a new destination entity, which must be registered with the SIR so that it can be a recipient. The originating entity must be informed that it has been forwarded to another entity. També, s'ha d'indicar un motiu de reenviament (en castellà quan ho reenviem a una administració no catalana). This is the option we have to use whenever the shipment is not by us.
To resend a submission, just click on the Resend registration button:
- When a shipment's status is changed, it takes us back to the shipment list, with the status of the updated shipment changed.